- Package Contents: 8 mm Premium Green Cardamom with export quality. Popularly known as “Aelakka” in Malayalam.
- Sourced from a farm of Rainforest in Idukki, Kerala. Single-origin produce. Pesticide and chemical-free spice. No oil was extracted from the pods. Only fresh harvest is sourced in small batches.
- Because of its strong and exotic aroma and sweet flavour, it is widely used as a flavouring agent in desserts, beverages, sausage, vegetable dishes and savoury meat and fish recipes.
- Spice sealed in food-grade USDA certified metal containers
- A premium quality exotic spice product from ‘LocoKerala Spices’ division of LocoKerala Lifestyle Products LLP.
This spice with an intense, slightly sweet flavour that some people compare to mint. It is found in the form of a small pod with black seeds inside. Both the seeds and the pod have a rich aroma and are often used in desserts, hot and spicy dishes, as well as aromatic beverages like coffee, and tea. It is regarded as the queen of spices and is the third-most-expensive spice after saffron and vanilla.
Cardamom may have been promoted in traditional medicine and suggested in medical research to have several powerful health benefits.
- Anti-Carcinogenic Properties, good for Cardiovascular Health
- Have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- It promotes blood circulation
- Relieve for nausea and vomiting
- It helps in improving the digestive health
- It may help regulate blood sugar
- due to a high-carbohydrate diet, cardamom was found to be a potential agent to reduce weight gain
Fully grown cardamom are harvested and sun-dried. The dried capsules are rubbed with hands or a coir mat to remove foreign particles. The pods are then classified according to the colour to pack them separately.
Use 2-3 cardamom pods in tea or the powdered form in the desserts & other dishes to relish its outstanding taste and aroma