- Package Contents: Special Graded White Pepper Whole. We are not using any chemical process to make white pepper. The only handmade and mechanical manner is applied.
- We make Special Grade White Pepper from the special graded Malabar Black pepper undried one, sourced from a fair traded and organic certified farmer based in the Malabar side of Kerala. It is made in small batches. No oil extracted spice is used for making powder.
- White pepper /powder is used for almost all types of food in all cultures. It is the fundamental ingredient for all non-vegetarian food. It is used as a flavouring or used in dressings for salads, chicken, or fish, also used in white sauce. Use in potatoes, gravies, soups, stews, sauces etc.
- This is a premium quality value-added spice from the house of ‘LocoKerala spices’. LocoKerala Lifestyle Products LLP is an ethical and sustainable brand that promotes only organic and pesticide-free spices.
Both white pepper and black pepper are the berries of the same plant, piper nigrum. To obtain the slightly yellowish and almost globular white pepper; the outer skin of the ripe or mature berries has to be removed. This homestead spice is collected, then the outer skin has to be rinsed off by the traditional retting method. White pepper is one of the lesser complex flavors with a fruitier aftertaste. White pepper when powdered can be a versatile spice. It is rich in fibre, iron and manganese.
The berries are immersed in water for a few days to soften their outer skin which is then rinsed off using running water. The washed berries are then sun-dried and packed with utmost care so that their flavor lasts longer. The flavor of white pepper is subtle and earthy compared to black pepper.
White pepper also has some marvellous medicinal properties.
- Help in treating digestive problems
- Ideal for minor headaches, colds and cough
- Fights bacterial infections
- Capsaicin, an active ingredient in weight loss remedy is present in white pepper
- Being a rich source of minerals like magnesium, copper and manganese, it also helps in boosting bone strength.
We recommend using 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon in stews, curries and base gravies. Sprinkle some on soups and salads. Consume raw with a dash of honey to heal a sore throat.
We also introduced economy pouches of the same product (From 500 gm to 10 kg) and save your money considerably. The product would be packed in plain aluminium-coated USDA certified paper pouches. If you are still looking for customised orders, please email email@example.com